Making an easy Christmas decoration is a great way to get the kids involved in decorating the house for the holidays. One of my most happy Christmas memories is sitting down with my kids to make some decorations. Of course, I would have already done the stitching and some of the more complicated steps and left them to draw faces on the angels or glue parts of the bodies. As they grew older, they were happy to take more interesting tasks, like using the glue gun.
I have so many memories of all those years, sitting in the corner we had designated to doing crafting in the house. So here's one of my favorites because it is so easy to make. When you're finished, the kids will hang it on the tree and they'll feel so proud. Mine certainly did.
Materials you will need to make this easy Christmas decoration
- 1 1/2″ yard of wired ribbon. This is usually sold in a roll of 10 yards or more but don't worry, it's great stuff and you'll find lots of uses for it.
- 1 Styrofoam ball 1″ in diameter
- 1 Styrofoam ball 2″ in diameter
- 1 Styrofoam egg-shaped ball 2″ tall
- A rectangle of quilting cotton of your taste 5 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ (this is to wrap the 2″ ball)
- Circle of quilting cotton 5″ in diameter
- Nylon thread, fishing line or fireline.
- Nylon rope or cord 1/8″ diameter
- 24″ 3mm Faux Pearl Plastic Beads on a String
Here's a Roundup Of Christmas Sewing Projects that you can do for the holiday! Check it out.