Astrobunny & Cosmokitty Plushies FREE Sewing Pattern and Tutorial
Ever on an adventure, best friends Astrobunny and Cosmokitty are searching the farthest reaches of space to see what new scientific wonders they can discover! Join in their adventures by making your own set of space pals!
These two little plushies are a basic and classic flat design — pillow-style, if you will. Most of their detail and charm comes from the many applique details that bring them to life — not to downplay their fun jetpacks!
What you'll need:
- 1⁄3 yd. of main color fabric (for body)
- 4” x 3” piece of accent fabric (for face)
- 6” x 3” piece of accent fabric (for jet pack)
- 3” x 3” piece of red or orange felt (for jet pack flames)
- 5” x 5” piece of applique fabric (felt, cotton, etc.) for accent bands
- 2” x 2” piece of black applique fabric (felt, cotton, etc.) for eyes, mouth
- 2” x 2” piece of pink applique fabric (felt, cotton, etc.) for blush marks (optional)
- 2” x 2” pieces of other various applique
- fabrics (felt, cotton, etc.) for front buttons, panels, etc.
- 8” x 8”” piece of light or heavy duty fusible web
- sewing thread to match main fabric, applique fabrics, and accent fabric
- poly-fil stuffing
- basic sewing tools (sewing machine, scissors, iron, needles, pins, fabric marker, seam ripper)
- white fabric paint (optional)
You might want to check this Hedgehog Pillow FREE Sewing Pattern and Tutorial.