Blossom Handbag FREE Sewing Pattern and Tutorial
Incredible lines and details make this semisoft bag a true showstopper.
Handbag or shoulder bag—you choose!—it has both room and high fashion to spare. Multiple pockets on the interior of the large main compartment keep everything in place.
What you'll need:
- 1 1/4 yd (1.14 m) of 54″ (137 cm) wide mid-weight Home Dec print for the exterior
- 3/4 yd (0.69 m) of 54″ (137 cm) wide coordinating midweight Home Dec print for the lining
- 7/8 yd (0.8 m) of 44″ (112 cm) wide light- to mid-weight coordinating solid fabric for the divider panels
- 3 yd (2.74 m) of 20″ (50.8 cm) wide fusible woven interfacing
- 21/8 yd (1.94 m) of 20″ (50.8 cm) wide Peltex #70 by Pellon or a similar extra-heavy stabilizer
- One 12″ (30.5 cm) coordinating zipper
- One size 3/4″ (1.9 cm) magnetic snap
- 1 spool coordinating all-purpose thread
- Masking tape
- Hand sewing needle
- Safety pin
- Zipper foot for your sewing machine
Take a look at this awesome Miss Maggie's Handbag, too!