This carpet tote bag is wide enough to carry a large tablet or a laptop. It has a detachable pocket for your phone, wallet or sunglasses.
It has a pocket in the outside which is nine inches wide and deep enough for an iPad. It has the possibility of being worn as a crossbody messenger. Or, as a handheld tote bag.
Materials For Your Carpet Tote Bag
- One yard of flooring material felted, cotton or wool, Scuba fabric, PVC, leather or vinyl
- Rayon thread or leather thread
- Glue for PVC or leather depending on what you are using
- One wide tape zipper (1 3/8″ or 1.7cm) x 9″ (23cm)
- Four rivets
- Two press snaps
- One and a half to two yards of silver or gold chain or make your own straps
- Two lobster claws
- Snap press tool
- Size 16 or jeans needle
- Teflon foot (for sewing leather or vinyl)
- Zipper foot
- Walking foot (optional)
- Speedy Stitcher, industrial machine (optional) or a home sewing machine capable of sewing thick material.
- Rotary cutter with a small blade or craft knife
- Metal ruler
- Cutting mat
- Tailor's chalk or erasable ink pen
You might want to check this Round Tote Bag Using Cord.