Cozy Pet Bed FREE Sewing Tutorial
The finished size of our bed is about 18″ x 24″, which makes it good for a smallish dog or a giant cat. You can expand, or reduce, the dimensions as needed to best fit your best friend.
Sewing tools you need:
- Sewing Machine and standard presser foot
- Zipper foot
Fabric and Other Supplies:
- ⅝ yard of 44″+ wide quilting weight cotton for the COOL side
- ⅝ yard of 44″+ coordinating fleece for the WARM side
- ½ yard of 44″+ wide quilting weight cotton fabric for the side walls
- ⅓ yard of 44″+ wide fabric for the piping
- ⅝ yard unbleached muslin for the lining of the COOL side; the quilting cotton needs a lining to add a bit more heft for durability
- 5 yards of ¼” piping cord
- 24″ jumbo plastic sport zipper: we used a 24″ Coats Sports Zipper
- NOTE: These jumbo zippers are available in a limited number of colors; it’s best to try to stick to black or white. They are usually in the outerwear section as they are often used for ski clothing. Buy larger and cut to size if need be.
- Large bag of polyester filling or a pillow form
- All purpose thread
- See-through ruler
- Fabric pen or pencil
- Seam gauge
- Seam ripper
- Iron and ironing board
- Scissors or rotary cutter and mat
You might want to check this Quilt Pet Bed FREE Sewing Tutorial.