Valentine’s Day is a great time to create little gifts with soft, cuddle fabrics. But let’s face it, when sewing with those stretchy fabrics… we all tend to get a touch nervous. Today’s tutorial will show you a few easy steps to make it easier and enjoyable. Cuddle Teddy Bear and Heart Pocket Pillow.
- HEATnBOND® FUSIBLE TRICOT SOFT STRETCH INTERFACING ¼ yd.
- HEATnBOND® LITE SOFT STRETCH™ 1 ½” x 3”
- STITCH n SEW STABILIZER: TEAR-AWAY 8” x 4”
- ¼ yd. pink and white fleece
- 1 ½” x 3” white fleece for inner ear appliques
- Pattern for bear and pillow –
- Aurifil 12 wt thread for embroidering eyes (or other embroidery floss)
- Fiberfill (for stuffing)
- 24” of ½” ribbon for bow around the neck
- 2 pom-poms one -1” one- ¾” (please do not use if this is a gift for an infant)
- Iron and pressing cloth
- sewing machine
- sewing thread and needle
- sharp scissors
- erasable pen
- permanent marker
- other general sewing supplies
Here are more than 50 fun Valentine's sewing projects that will help you and the loved ones enjoy this special holiday.