Here's a cool Fabric Basket Tote FREE Sewing Pattern. There are two interior pockets. The handles aren't super long like shoulder straps. The bag has a bound top edge that matches the handles and it is a nice roomy size. The center panel is quilted and there is piping that separates the middle from the sides.
You will need:
- 1/3 yard main exterior fabric
- 1/3 yard coordinating exterior fabric
- 1/2 yard fabric + 2 yards 3/16” cording to make piping (or 2 yards pre-made piping)
- 1/2 yard fabric for the handles and binding
- 1/2 yard main lining fabric
- 1/3 yard coordinating lining fabric
- 1 magnetic snap closure or handbag zipper 20” or longer
- 1/2 to 1 yard flexible foam stabilizer or fusible fleece (1/2 yard if 60” wide, 1 yard if only 20” wide)
- fabric marking pen
Check out this Swoon Ethel Tote Bag, too!