This is an easy tutorial on how to make your own felt lanterns. It's an easy beginner sewing project for everybody, even if you have never sewn before, and a great thing to sew together with kids. You don't need a sewing machine at all, a needle and thread will do just fine. Here's the laterns free sewing tutorial.
- 5″ x 1/2″ strip of felt – for the handle
- 6″ x 4″ (1 piece) – for the lantern body
- 6″ x 1/2″ (2 pieces) in contrasting colors, as embelishment
- matching thread,
- sewing needle or sewing machine
- embroidery floss
- measuring tape
- option: pompom trim (6 inch per lantern)
Make a Cactus out of Felt too with this FREE Pattern and Tutorial.