DIY Sewing Travel Kit FREE Sewing Pattern
This is a FREE pattern + tutorial to make a pouch that you can use to store some basic sewing tools when you are away from home.
The tools and notions that you can find in premade travel sewing kits are often of very poor quality. As a sewer you have the tools and notions you need, but you might not have a practical little pouch. This case neatly organizes everything that you might need during your travels to repair your clothes or to sew on buttons. Let’s get to work!
What you'll need:
- a piece of fabric 27 x 6 inch (canvas or twill recommended),
- 32 inch bias tape (min. ¾ inch wide)
- 5 ½ x 3 inch piece of felt
- A regular zipper, minimum of 5 inch (you can easily trim a bigger zipper)
- 2 inch of corded elastic
- a small button
- 9 ½ x 5 ½ inch firm stabilizer
You might want to check this Sewing Kit Organizer FREE Tutorial.