This plush is made to look like the night fury dragon Toothless, from How to Train Your Dragon. It has a flat, belly-up style body with detailed wings, back spikes, head spikes, horns, and tail fins. The floppy body is especially fun to cuddle. The details are done with applique so there's no need for an embroidery machine. The fabric used in the sample is minky, though any other plush fabric with a moderate stretch would work well.
RECOMMENDED WITH THIS PATTERN
- 1/2 yd. of stretchy plush fabric for main body
- 7″ x 6″ scrap of accent fabric for optional tail fin
- 3″ x 6″ piece of applique fabric for eyes
- 3″ x 3″ piece of black applique fabric for pupils
- 2″ x 2″ piece of white applique fabric for eye shines
- 2″ x 2″ piece of black or gray applique fabric for nostrils
- 6″ x 6″ piece of light or heavy duty fusible web
- Poly-fil stuffing
- Sewing thread to match main fabric and applique fabrics
- Basic sewing tools (sewing machine, scissors, iron, needles, pins, fabric marker, seam ripper)
Check this Bunny Softie FREE Sewing Pattern, too!