Here's a free tutorial on how to make a fabric suitcase. It has so many uses. Whether you choose to store your embroidery or sewing supplies, or even the little dolls of your kids, this suitcase is so perfect!
What you'll need:
- 30-inch separating zipper (which we will convert to a 28-inch non-separating zipper.)
- 2/3 yard of lining fabric
- 1/3 yard of both the suitcase sides (teal fabric) and side fabric (dark blue fabric)
- 1 yard of Peltex 71F Single-sided ultra firm stabilizer
- a package of Fusible Fleece
- a small amount of fusible interfacing (such as Wonder Under).
- 11.75 inches of ¼ inch elastic
- a small (5-6 inch) piece of trim for the handle.
- **NOTE: A zipper foot is helpful for this step.
You might want to check this Quilted Suitcase, too!