Flying squirrels make excellent softies, mostly because they’re so cute! Here’s a simple pattern to make your own flying squirrel. You can sew him in about an hour and I think you’ll agree that this is one huggable squirrel.
What you'll need:
- 1/4 yard of light gray fleece (you could also use flannel or a felted wool sweater)
- a small scrap of dark gray felt for the feet and ears
- a small scrap of pink felt for the nose
- a pair of 8mm safety eyes
- black embroidery floss, 12 inches
- fiberfill stuffing, 1 ounce
- coordinating all-purpose thread
- an embroidery needle
- a pair of small scissors
- chalk or a disappearing fabric marker
Take a look at this Dragon Stuffed Animal Plush, too!