A really quick and fun project, and a wonderful way to use up your scraps! You can make several of these in an afternoon and give them away as gifts (be sure to keep one or 2 for yourself!) Includes step-by-step photo tutorial for making the patchwork heart applique.
What you'll need:
- 2 pieces of backing fabric 9 x 12″
- 2 pieces of batting scraps, 7 1/2 x 10 1/2″
- Scraps of pink and red cotton fabric
- 1/4 yard pink fabric for binding
- Thread for machine applique and quilting
- Fusible web for machine applique
- Basic sewing supplies
Here's another Valentine's Day Mug Rug from So Sew Easy.