To cover up your worn-out ironing board pad, here's a free sewing tutorial on how to make your pretty ironing board cover. Choose the perfect fabric design for this project to create something unique and stunning one!
What you'll need:
- Sewing machine
- 1⅔ yards of 44-45″ wide fabric for the main body of the cover
- ¼ yard of 44-45″ wide fabric for the end accent strip
- 5 yards of ½” ribbon to gather bottom edge
- All purpose thread to match fabrics
- See-through ruler
- Fabric pen or pencil
- Iron and ironing board
- Scissors or rotary cutter and mat
- Two large safety pins
- Seam gauge
- Straight pins
You might want to take a look at this Sewing Mat Organizer from So Sew Easy.