Here is a free tutorial for you to make “Stay Open” Laundry Hampers.
The beauty of this design is that when it is hanging, it stays open nicely so you can toss your clothes right inside! It is also designed so that you can remove the frames to wash the hamper itself!
What you will need:
- 1 paper pattern template for the base shape
- 1 meter/yard of 44” wide fabric. Any kind will do, but a canvas/twill will keep its shape the best!
- 1 strip of fabric 10″ x 20″
- Curved frames
- 1 meter/yard of Double Fold Bias Tape
- Scraps of Velcro (approximately ½ inch by 1 inch)
- Optional – Rivets
Add this to your sewing list too: Upcycled Denim Peg Bag.