Friendly Stuffed Crocodile FREE Sewing Pattern and Tutorial
Meet this friendly Mr. Croc. He’s playful rather than predatory, so there’s no need to be afraid to give him a try. You’ll find him extremely huggable with a great sense of humor… except when it comes to jokes involving pirates and lost boys.
What you'll need:
- ½ yard of 60″+ fleece with a texture dot pattern for the top of the croc (body and feet)
- ½ yard of 60″ solid fleece for the bottom of the croc (body and feet)
- One 8 – 12oz bag of Poly-Fil® 100% Polyester Supreme Fiberfill
- 1 yard of extra-large rick rack in white for the teeth
- ½ yard of jumbo rick rack in green for the spin. NOTE: Rick rack is measured in different ways by different manufacturers. For the the teeth, you need a rick rack that is ½” in the width of the trim itself, which means the total height of the “wave” is a full 1″. This way, when you stitch down the center of the rick rack with a ½ seam, the bottom of the wave will be revealed to form the teeth. For the spine, you need an even wider trim: 1″ in trim width for 2″ in total wave height. The Ribbon Retreat offers a good selection.
- Two ⅜ – ½” black buttons for eyes
- Small scrap of heavy white felt for the eyes, a 4″ x 4″ square would be plenty
- All purpose thread to match fabrics
- All purpose thread in white to stitch eyes
- All purpose thread in black to stitch nose
- See-through ruler
- Fabric pencil
- Iron and ironing board
- Scissors or rotary cutter and mat
- Seam gauge
- Seam ripper
- Straight pins
- Hand sewing needle
- Sewing Machine and standard presser foot
You might want to check this Sea Turtle Sofie FREE Sewing Pattern.