Hedgehog Pincushion FREE Sewing Tutorial
It's a perfect addition to a youngsters first sewing kit. The faux fur does a great job of emulating a hedgehog's spines, but you don't have to use fur. Maybe a fun printed cotton or some towelling. Of course, she won't look as prickly, but you'll just have to stick more pins in her!
What you'll need:
- 20cm square (or equivalent measure) of fabric (we'll call this ‘fabric 1') for head, belly and ears.
- 20cm square of fabric (fabric 2) for the back. As mentioned faux fur is great, but towelling or cotton is fine, too.
- Sewing needle and strong thread. The smaller ear pieces and some of the curves are best tackled with hand sewing.
- Polyfill stuffing.
- 2 black seed beads for eyes.
- 50cm black embroidery thread or perle cotton for embroidering nose. Or you could use a bead or tiny pompom instead.
- Embroidery needle for embroidering nose.
- Optional ribbon for bow.
You might want to check these 125+ FREE Pincushion Patterns and Tutorials.