Homemade Toddler Toys FREE Sewing Tutorial
Looking for homemade toddler toys to make for your little one? This magnetic fishing game is simple to sew and will provide endless hours of creative play. The free printable template makes it easy to assemble, and it is a great gift idea for both little boys and girls.
What you'll need:
- Fish and worm template
- range of pretty fabric (just under 8 inches square (20x20cm) per fish)
- toy stuffing
- 2 inches (5 cm) of thin satin ribbon per fish
- small metal washers (one per fish)
- sewing machine, and needle/thread for hand sewing final stitches
- small amount of brown felt (3 inches square (7.5 x 7.5cm)
- embroidery floss and needle
- small amount of thin rope for fishing line
- small piece of wooden dowel (or use a stick from your garden) for rod
- strong magnet
- Optional: bucket to store your fishes and rod in
You might want to check this Little Fishy FREE Sewing Pattern and Tutorial.