Messenger Bag FREE Sewing Tutorial
Thrown over one shoulder or slung across the body, a messenger bag is both practical and pretty. This one is made out of sturdy canvas, with an inner lip for extra security, weather-proofing and style. It’s a great all-rounder for any occasion, roomy enough for all your essentials (and more!), and the simple shape means that men will like it, too.
What you'll need:
- Canvas weight outer fabric – 0.5m of fabric 150cm wide
- Cotton lining fabric – 0.5m of fabric 114cm wide
- Medium-weight iron-on interfacing – approx 106cm x 46cm
- Lightweight iron-on interfacing – approx 100cm x 73.5cm
- 2 D-rings
- Webbing for strap – 4cm wide, approx 110cm long
- Zip – 2.5cm wide, 30cm long
- Threads to match your lining and outer fabric
Take a look at this Lilac Mini Messenger, too!