A receiving blanket is a baby staple – a lightweight blanket perfect for swaddling, for warmth or shade, for impromptu diaper changes, for a nursing cover-up – you can't have too many. Luckily, they're really easy to whip up.
Materials you'll need:
- 1 yard each of two fabrics
- 13 feet of purchased double-fold binding (optional)
- 1/4 yard of fabric to make double-fold binding (optional)
- materials for embellishing (optional)
- sewing machine, thread, basic sewing tools
You might want to check this Cute and Colorful Baby Blanket and Toy All in One.