Cardigans are fantastic for layering clothing during in-between seasons. All it takes to refashion a sweater into a cardigan is about 10 minutes, one simple cut and two strips of fabric! Super fast and easy, great for beginners!
- a sweater (cotton, wool or any other fiber yarn is fine)
- single fold bias tape, or fabric and a bias tape maker to make your own
- size 100 ballpoint sewing machine needle
- the usual sewing tools (ruler, chalk roller or other non-permanent fabric marker, fabric shears, pins, thread, sewing machine. If you are new to sewing and want to know what sewing tools I use, read this post on the best sewing tools.)
- walking foot (optional, but highly recommended)
Check So Sew Easy's FREE Tutorial of Transformable Easy Cardigan, too. Happy Sewing!