This big pig has a zippered pocket containing six (or more, if you like) little piglets that look just like her! The piglets have Velcro snouts allowing them to ‘nurse' at the matching Velcro dots on Mama Pig's belly. Let her loose in your play pigsty and let your little farmer have at it. Mama is even big and sturdy enough for small children to ride her for a fun change of pace. At the end of a long day of farming, prop your feet on her for a bit of rest.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 yard of 58/60″ pink fleece
- 1 spool of coordinating thread
- Scraps of pink, black, white, and brown felt for eyes, ears, feet, nostrils
- 1/4 yard (or fat eighth) of quilting-weight cotton or muslin for pocket
- 10″ pink zipper
- Black embroidery floss
- 12″ of pink yarn, cut into six 2″ lengths, for piglet tails
- 6″ length of Velcro, 5/8″- or 3/4″-wide, cut into 6 circles; or 6 Velcro dots (preferably pink)
- 3″ of 1/4″-wide elastic for tail
- Two 12-ounce bags of fiberfill
Check this FREE Pattern for Sock Money. This is a perfect gift for your little ones!