Sew Your Own Travel Sewing Caddy FREE Pattern
This Sewing Caddy has extra long bag handles to be worn cross-body, leaving your hands free.
Another cool feature is the detachable accordion pocket: I use it to keep the thimble and the seam ripper (+ any button/other decoration I need to add to my project) safe from wandering around on my bag.
What you'll need:
- denim fabric (approx. 20″ x 11″)
- cotton fabric for the inside (approx. 20″ x 17″)
- medium-weight fabric for handles and closure tab (approx. 60″ x 6″ + 3″ x 6″)
- lightweight fusible interfacing (approx. 20″ x 17″, scraps will perfectly work)
- 3/4″ width hook and loop (about 20″ both sides)
- 1 small sew-on snap fastener
- felt scraps or an old sweater
- 8″ twine cording (or similar) 30″ approx.
- 3/4″ buttons, 2 pieces
- 1″ buttons, 2 pieces (decorative only, optional, for the closure tab)
You might want to check these 101 Creative Ideas to Recycle Denim Jeans.