Shoulder Pad for Straps FREE Sewing Pattern and Tutorial
Sometimes, we have that one bag that is just way too heavy, and the straps will dig into our shoulder, causing pain. Add this shoulder pad to any bag’s strap to make carrying your bag more comfortable! Templates are included for 3 different sizes, as well as option for either a snap closure or hook and loop closure.
Supplies (supplies in this list will make 1 shoulder pad)
- 1/8 yard of fabric -OR- 1 fat quarter
- 8” x 3-1/2” piece of Soft and Stable
- 1/4 yard of Pellon SF-101 Shape Flex fusible woven interfacing (or medium-weight fusible interfacing)
- 20” long piece of 1/2” wide double-fold bias tape (or make your own by cutting a 20” x 2” strip on a 45 degree angle)
- Either two snaps -OR- 3” long piece of hook and loop (Velcro)
- Pressing cloth
- Optional: Walking foot for sewing the Soft and Stable layers together, if needed.
- Disappearing Ink Fabric Marker
You might want to learn how to make an adjustable strap for any bag. Get the FREE Tutorial HERE.