Small Dog Coat FREE Sewing Pattern and Tutorial
Keep your pooch warm and toasty in wet or winter weather with this free pattern for a dog coat. Your furry friend will stay cozy while out for a walk and they'll look cuter than ever. This pattern fits small dogs, but you can alter the dog coat pattern to fit your pet.
Equipment / Tools
- Paper scissors
- Fabric scissors or pinking shears
- Sewing machine
- Sewing pins or clips
- Iron (optional)
- Ballpoint or jersey sewing machine needles, if available
- 5/8 yard water-resistant fabric, such as windbreaker nylon
- 5/8 yard plush fabric, such as sherpa or fleece
- 5/8 yard cotton or polyester batting, to add extra warmth (optional)
- 1/4 yard 2-inch wide hook-and-loop tape (match the color to your fabrics if possible)
- Thread to match the outer fabric
- Reflective tape/strips (optional)
You might want to check this Lined Dog Jacket From Recycled Denim and a Scarf.