Mug rug tutorial
This mug rug tutorial features something a little different you might not have tried before – paper piecing. Perfect size to try this technique out, or super quick little project if you are already skilled.
You can also use the paper-piecing pattern and tutorial to make more spools in a mini wall quilt or a table runner too!
You will need:
- The pattern
- background (gray), 1 about 4″ x 5″, 2 about 3″ x 1.5″, 4 about 1″ x 1.5″
- spool “thread” (pink or color of your choice), 2 about 3″ x 2″, 2 about 1″ x 3.5″
- spool top and base (faux bois), 2 about 3.5″ x 2″
- binding, about 25″ x 2.25″ wide
- batting (scrap about 6″ x 8″)
- backing (about 6″ x 8″)
Find the Spool love mug rug tutorial over at So Sew Easy.