Striped tote bag pattern
This lovely striped tote bag pattern looks really advanced, but the sewing itself is absolutely basic. It does apply some techniques like rivets and grommets but you shouldn’t be intimidated by them.
Before you get started, you don’t have to use a striped fabric like this one, but using a big bold black and white pattern will give the colored details a special little pop that makes the bag unique. Play around with your fabrics.
But if you thought this is an all sewing only project, please bare in mind you'll need all these materials:
- 4 – Large Grommets (and installation tools)*
- 8 – Small Rivets (and installation tools)*
- Hole Punch
- 4 – 18″ Leather Laces
- 2 – 18″ x 1/2″ Leather Straps**
- 2 – Jewelry Jump Ring (or other small metal rings)
- Sewing Machine
- 2 – 16″ x 17.5″ cuts of a heavy canvas-like Bold Striped Fabric (with the stripes running parallel to the shorter side)
- 2 – 16″ x 17.5″ cuts of a Bright Solid Fabric for the lining
- 1 – 13″ x 9.5″ cut of the the Bright Solid Fabric
- 3 – 4″ x 12″ cuts of Super Heavy Interfacing
- 2 – 2.5″ x 10″ cuts of Super Heavy Interfacing
Find the Striped tote bag pattern over here and then go make yourself a gorgeous, bright tote bag.