Super Simple Face Mask Pattern For Adults And Kids
By now, most countries have some sort of shortage of face masks. So what can you do if you can't get your hands on one? With this super simple face mask you can help protect yourself and those you care about.
These self-made masks will not filter out the virus from the air. But it will stop you from touching your face and transporting the virus to your mouth, eyes, or nose where you can be infected. Additionally, it will help keep infectious droplets if you cough, sneeze, or talk, away from others — preventing you from infecting other people if you're a carrier.
- One 15 X 8″ fabric square. Use fabric with a tight weave, such as linen, quilting cotton or calico
- One 6 1/2 X 3 1/2″ rectangle of batting, interfacing, or other padding material (optional)
- 14 inches of 1/4″ or 3/8″ elastic
- 4 X 1″ strip of aluminum from a beer or soda can, bendable wire, flower wire or a garbage tie
- Sewing machine (optional)
- Iron with steam
- Sewing machine needle 70 or 80
- Water-soluble ink pen, Frixion pen or tailor's chalk
For more face mask patterns, don't forget to check out these Face Mask FREE Sewing Patterns Roundup.