This project is to make a very spacious bag for holidays and weekends away, or to carry lots of supplies to your sewing classes. It is 24.5 inches long, 11.5 inches wide and 11.5 inches tall. You do not need to patchwork the outside, if you want a quicker make then just use a single fabric cut to the same size as the lining fabric (36 inches long by 25 inches wide).
This project is best suited to intermediate stitchers. Knowledge of basic techniques such as binding and quilting is assumed.
- 6 – 8 fat quarters of Art Gallery Fabrics denim for patchwork exterior (or 1.5 metre of a single fabric if not doing patchwork)
- 75cm of other exterior fabric for side and top panels.
- 1.5 m of lining fabric
- 2 coordinating fat quarters (or large scraps) for internal pockets and binding.
- 1.5m of Soft and Stable or similar foam
- 0.5m interfacing if making internal or external pockets
- Large zip, 24 inches
- Clear View 60-degree triangle ruler (6 inch)
- Kraftex 1.5 yard roll in stone (If not using Kraftex for exterior pockets you will need another 1/2m of fabric)
- 2ms of bag strap webbing which matches your exterior fabrics
This Duffle Bag is also perfect for travels. Check the FREE Tutorial HERE.