This is the vampire cape pattern, a perfect sewing project for the upcoming cold, grey, lazy sewing October days.
This is a vampire cape pattern for a unisex Halloween costume that can be stitched in a couple of hours. It uses your sewing scraps and an old t-shirt, and turns it into a cool and striking costume (plus reducing the budget significantly). The original cape is short but I will also be showing you how to make the long version.
It will fit a person 4'3″ to 5'7″, from about 3XS to 2XL. The full costume is very easy to fit, so easy that I can make a large dog can wear it.
- 1.2 to 1.5 yards of two-way stretch black knit fabric
- 1/2 a yard of white two-way stretch fabric OR an old white t-shirt
- 12″ X 6″ red knit
- 12″ X 6″ stretchable fusible interfacing
- 1 to 2 felt sheets
- Thread to match
- 5 black buttons, covered buttons or black round felt pieces
- 12″ of velcro or plastic snaps
- Strip of bias made from a contrasting fabric OR the same as the cape made to the length of your collar
- Rotary cutter
- Kam tool if using plastic snaps
- Overlocker ideal not essential
- Microtex or ballpoint needle
Take a look at this Movie-Inspired Halloween Costumes Roundup, too!