Weekender Bag FREE Sewing Tutorial
It’s a spacious weekender bag that sports an inside pocket, a leather shoulder strap, and just enough room for a quick getaway.
It makes a great gift for someone else or for yourself!
What you'll need:
- 1 1/3 yards (1.25 m) cotton or linen canvas as main fabric (45 inches wide)
- 1 1/3 yards (1.25 m)cotton canvas as interfacing (45 inches wide)*
- 1 1/3 yards(1.25 m) cotton or other fabric as lining (45 inches wide)
- Matching thread
- Universal sewing machine needle
- Heavy-duty or denim sewing machine needle
- Leather sewing machine needle
- Heavy duty zipper, 24 inches (61 cm) preferably a purse zipper with two zipper pulls
- Leather strapping, 2 packages of 1.5 inches (4 cm) wide x 42 inches (107 cm) long
- Heavy duty scissors
- Rotary cutter, ruler, and mat
- Pins and quilting clips (or small binder clips)
- Zipper foot
- Small rivets, 8 pairs + rivet tools
- Leather punch
- 2 D-rings or equivalent
- 2 Swivel hooks
- Iron and ironing board
- Sewing machine
- Hammer (to use with rivet and snap tools)
You might want to check this Flying Geese Tote FREE Sewing Tutorial.
WOW! What a great bag…and free! Thank you and your team for such generosity. I cannot wait to try it.