Zero Waste Dish Scrubbers FREE Sewing Tutorial
Unsponges are the perfect alternative to plastic sponge scrubbers that you may have used in the past to clean your dirty pans and dishes. You know the thing I mean, a kitchen sponge with a scrubbing side and a sponge to hold.
They come in all shapes and sizes but they all have the same downside – they are made of plastic!
Not only are they bad for the environment, but you have to keep throwing them away and using a new one. This is so bad for the environment. Here's a way of making something that you could make from fabric scraps and that could be composted at the end of its use.
What you'll need:
- Cotton Quilting Fabric – for the top
- Old Flannel Bedding – brushed cotton – or old thin towelling for the middle padding
- Muslin, Waffle, or old thin towelling for the scrubbing side.
- A rotary cutter, mat and quilting measure are a good idea for cutting out, but not essential
- Scissors, pins and a sewing machine are essential
You might want to check this DIY Zero Waste Kitchen Sponge FREE Sewing Tutorial.