The quilt is beginner-friendly if you cut with care, sew accurate quarter inch seams, and press thoroughly but with precision. The finished block size of this Bento Box Quilt is 15″ x 15″, the finished quilt size is 60″ x 75″ (without borders).
Fabrics for the Nine Patch Bento Box Quilt:
- A dark fabric—pictured is a black print
- 1-3/4 yards
- A fabric that's lighter than Fabric 1—pictured is a yellowish paisley (or a warm fabric, as long as there's good contrast between it and Fabric 1)
- 1 yard
- A fabric that's darker than Fabric 2, but lighter than Fabric 1—pictured is a grayish print
- 1-1/8 yard
- A warm color (such as magenta, red, orange, yellow, gold) that ‘pops' a bit, but contrasts with Fabric 1—pictured is a reddish batik
- 1-1/4 yard
- A light neutral that contrasts with all other fabrics—pictured is an ivory paisley print
- 2-1/4 yards
Take a look at this Neighborhood Quilt FREE Pattern and Tutorial.