This bucket bag pattern is the ideal project for those of you who would like to experiment with different materials. I am using upholstery fabric which is a very short pile velour to see how hard it is to work with to make bags. I think it came out pretty well!
The bucket bag can be carried as a cross body, or as a pail (which means by hand). Bear in mind, the definition of bucket applies here and if you want to carry the bag on one shoulder, then perhaps you need to make the straps a little longer.
- 1/2 yard, 54″ wide upholstery fabric, thick canvas (see recommendations below)
- 1/2 yard, 54″ wide Lining fabric
- 1/2″ Bias tape, one roll (approx 2 yards)
- 17 mm Grommets
- Polyester Thread for sewing canvas
- Double sided tape 3/8″ wide
- One large bead for the tassel with a 10mm hole
- Pellon Peltex
- Magnetic bag clasp (optional)
Take a look at this Canvas Tote Bag's FREE Pattern and Tutorial, too!