Comfy Pet Bed with Bolster Sides FREE Sewing Tutorial
Cats of all sizes and smaller pups are sure to have sweet dreams in this ultra comfy pet bed. Although any three-dimensional project is a bit more complex than a flat item, this cozy pet bed is something we know you can do!
The interior pillow finishes at 21″ x 28″. The overall exterior bolster bed finishes at approximately 27″ x 32″ — it depends a bit on how much stuffing you use. These dimensions are sized for a smaller dog or a cat, but of course you can modify things to best fit the pet(s) at your house.
What you'll need:
- 1 yard of 58″+ wide fleece for the interior pillow
- 1 yard of 58″+ wide fleece for the bolsters
- 1 yard of 58″+ mid-weight canvas, twill or similar for the bed base and the corner ties
- 1¾ yards of 45″+ muslin or mid-weight twill for the bolster lining
- FOUR medium bags of quality polyester fiberfill
- 1 yard of 20″+ wide heavy-weight fusible interfacing
- All-purpose sewing thread in colors to match fabric
- Button/Carpet thread for interior pillow tufting
- Scissors or rotary cutter and mat
- See-through ruler
- Tape measure
- Straight pins
- Seam gauge
- Seam ripper
- Iron and ironing board
- Hand sewing needle
- Heavy duty yarn/darning needles for “tufting” the cushion
You might want to check this another FREE Tutorial on How to Sew a Dog Bed with Sides.