DIY Snuffle Mat For Dogs Or Cats
A DIY Snuffle mat is a fun feeding accessory to encourage slow eating for your animals. These mats hide food to create a game out of eating. Snuffle mats also helps your dog not scarf down their food.
This project can also be called a foraging mat because the dog has to forage for his food. It’s also a great sniffing game that will keep your dog occupied for a while – perfect for a rainy day!
What you'll need:
- Fleece fabric in a few colors, you’ll need about 1/2 yard for each mat
- This is a great way to recycle an old fleece blanket
- Use green fleece to look like grass
- 1/2 yard canvas fabric for base
- Use canvas, duck cloth, denim or similar heavyweight fabric
- 1/2 yard fusible interfacing
- Sharp scissors
- Fabric marker
- Rotary cutter, mat and acrylic ruler
- Sewing machine
You might want to check this DIY Tennis Ball Dog Toy FREE Tutorial.