I have a new, easy pleated skirt pattern to share with you that will help streamline your figure and look great. This A-line shaped skirt style is so easy to sew that you'll want to make a few skirts and they should last you for many years.
Made of linen, cotton, light wool or other fabrics with a bit of body, this skirt will give you an effortless classy and elegant look. This skirt has three pleats in the front and three in the back.
- two (2) yards of medium weight fabric at least 44″ wide (cotton, quilting cotton, linen, or light wool)
- 3/4 yard of lining soft cotton (lawn or batiste), silk or satin.
- 1/4 yard of woven or non-woven fusible interfacing
- one (1) invisible zipper 10″ long
- thread to match.
- Sewing needle #70, #11
- Rotary cutter
- Sewing machine
- Serger or overlocker
- Invisible and normal zipper feet
- Tailor's chalk