Fabric and Vinyl Tote Free Sewing Tutorial
You can sew a see though bag with this easy and free sewing pattern. It’s a great way to use beautiful cotton fabric plus easy to find clear vinyl and make a one of a kind (and super useful) tote!
This bag is approximately 10’’ tall and 16’’ wide. It features a roomy zippered interior plus 2 exterior pockets (approximately 5’’ x 6’’) that are also see through so you will be able to find anything you need quickly.
What you'll need:
- 1/4 yard cotton fabric for the bag bottom exterior
- 1/4 yard cotton fabric for the bag bottom lining
- 1/4 yard cotton fabric for the straps*
- 1/4 yard cotton fabric for the binding pieces (or use scraps leftover from the other fat quarters as I did)
- 1/2 yard medium weight woven interfacing (such as Pellon SF101)
- 1/4 yard sew-in foam interfacing (such as ByAnnie Soft and Stable)
- 1/4 – 1/2 yard 12-16 gauge vinyl (depending on the width of the vinyl at your store)
- 1 zipper at least 16’’ long (recommended: YKK size 4.5 handbag zippers)
- blue masking tape (or other tape that will not leave a sticky residue on the vinyl)
- Wondertape double sided sewing adhesive
- Wonderclips sewing clips
Take a look at this Clear Vinyl Zipper Bag Free Sewing Tutorial.