If we must say so ourselves (and sometimes we must), these little coin purses are about as adorable as they come! Not only do they get five stars on the cuteness chart, they are super easy. Make one for yourself (because you deserve it!), then make a bundle for your friends. They are the perfect fast and fun gift. Fill them with coins and gift cards, tasty treats, or other little goodies.
Each coin purse finishes at approximately 5½” wide at the widest point near the bottom x 4½” high, excluding the frame.
Sewing Tools You Need:
- Sewing Machine and standard presser foot
Fabric and Other Supplies:
- Two Fat Quarters
- ¼ yard or scrap of low-loft batting; you need a 8″ x 12″ piece
- One ready-made purse frame
- All purpose thread to match fabric
- 40wt. embroidery thread in a contrasting color for front decorative stitching
- 6-strand embroidery floss to match embroidery thread to stitch the frame to the purse
- See-through ruler
- Fabric pen or pencil
- Iron and ironing board
- Scissors or rotary cutter and mat
- Seam gauge
- Seam ripper
- Straight pins
- Hand sewing needle with a large eye for sewing with floss
- Regular hand sewing needle
Take a look at this Stela Coin Purse FREE Pattern and Tutorial.