How To Make An Adjustable Strap For Any Bag
This adjustable strap consists of two straps –one longer and one shorter– joined together by a buckle with lobster claws at both ends.
The procedure for making the straps and loop are the same. To avoid showing an unfinished edge we are going to make the edges of the straps meet at the center. Then we are going to glue the vinyl and fabric together and sew the sides. Once both straps and loop are done we are going to attach the hardware.
- Two strips of vinyl 19″ X 1.5″(48cm X 4cm) and one 36″ X 1.5″(91cmX 2cm).
- One strip of fabric 32 “ X 1.5″(81.3cm X 4cm)
- One strip of fabric 19″X 1.5″(48cm X 4cm)
- One rectangle of vinyl 3″ X 1.5″ (8cm X 4cm)
- One buckle 1″ (2.5cm) wide
- Two lobster claws 1″ (2.5cm) wide
You might want to check this another tutorial on how to make a single adjustable strap for a bag.