“Jelly Beans” Rice-Filled Microwave Hand Warmers:
Here are the rice-filled microwave hand warmers. Heat in a microwave for 20-30 seconds to deliver up to 30 minutes of soothing heat. Perfect for pockets! A clever thumb loop helps make sure the beans don’t budge when slipped inside a coat or sweater pocket. This is an excellent ScrapBusters project or use up some of your favorite 5” charm square pre-cuts.
Sewing Tools You Need:
- Sewing machine and standard presser foot
- Quarter Inch Seam foot; optional
- Satin Stitch foot; optional
Fabric and Other Supplies:
- Scraps or Charm Squares of quilting weight 100% cotton fabrics
- Approximately 4” of ¼” – ½” 100% cotton twill tape, ribbon, shoelace or similar for the thumb loop
- ⅓ cup of white rice
- Essential oil; optional
NOTE: Essential oils can be found in most organic sections at local groceries. The oils can be expensive but a little goes a long way.
- Bowl, spoon, and a measuring cup with a pouring spout or a funnel
- 100% cotton thread to match fabrics
- See-through ruler
- Seam gauge
- Seam ripper
- Fabric pencil, pen or chalk
- Iron and ironing board
- Scissors or rotary cutter and mat
- Straight pins
- Hand sewing needle
You might want to check this Winter Warmers, too!