Pencil skirts are a wardrobe staple for so many women, and flatter almost every body type. They can be easily dressed up or down, and a pleated hem is a perfect way to take your basic pencil skirt up a notch!
- pencil skirt pattern of choice
- skirt fabric (add 1/2yd to fabric requirements for pleats)
- inverted pleat fabric – 3/4yd – pictured is a neon pink bottomweight sateen
- other supplies required per pattern instructions such as zipper, interfacing, etc
- measuring tape
- thread (one spool to match skirt fabric, and one spool to match inverted pleat fabric if contrast thread is desired at hem), pins, scissors
Check the FREE Pattern and Tutorial HERE
You may want to use this Color Block Skirt Pattern for this project.