Seatbelt Pillow FREE Sewing Tutorial:
This seatbelt pillow allows passengers to doze off while travelling. No more banging their heads against the window or risking a neck cramp just to get a little shut-eye on the road.
- Sewing Machine and standard presser foot
Fabric and Other Supplies:
- ¼ yard or scraps of 58”+ wide Cuddle luxury fleece or similar
- ⅓ yard or scraps of 44”+ wide quilting cotton
- ¼ yard or scraps of 20”+ mid-weight fusible interfacing
- ONE small bag of premium polyester fiber fill
- ¼ yard or scrap of bias tape
- ¼ yard of ¾” – 2” Velcro® in a color to best coordinate with your cotton fabric
NOTE: 2” wide Velcro® can be more challenging to find. You can stack 1” or even ¾” wide strips as an option
- All purpose thread to match Cuddle, cotton fabric, and Velcro®
- See-through ruler
- Fabric pen or pencil
- Iron and ironing board
- Pressing cloth
NOTE: Don't try to press the Cuddle without a pressing cloth, but you can, of course, use an iron on the cotton.
- Scissors or rotary cutter and mat
- Seam gauge
- Seam ripper
- Straight pins
- Hand sewing needle
You might want to check this Comfortable Roadtrip Car Pillow, too.