Stand Up Zipper Pouch FREE Sewing Pattern and Tutorial
Zipper pouches are fun to make and make fantastic storage containers. This one is particularly fun. You can store pens and pencils, toiletries like a toothbrush and toothpaste or sewing supplies, just about anything. This project requires some sewing skills to complete. I would not think that a beginner could tackle this project. If you are relatively confident in your skills you should give this project a try.
What you'll need:
- 9 5/8″ x 10″ piece of outer fabric and lining fabric
- 2 — 4 1/8″ x 8 1/2″ piece of contrasting fabric or outer fabric for the bottom
- 9 5/8″ x 8 3/4″ piece of outer fabric for pocket
- 15 3/4″ zipper from a continuous zipper or shortened from a 16″ zipper
- 3 1/8″ x 2″ outer piece for zipper tab
- 11 3/4″ x 2″ strip of solid colored or outer fabric for binding
- 9 5/8″ x 10″ Piece of fusible fleece for the main body piece
- 9 5/8″ x 8 3/4″ Piece of Fusible fleece for the pocket
- 4 1/8″ x 8 1/2″ Piece of fusible fleece for the bottom
You might want to check this DIY Zipper Tote Bag and Tray FREE Sewing Tutorial.