Tulip Time is a long thin wall quilt. It's perfect for a small wall space… and to use up some favorite scrap fabrics.
Requirements (based on 8 blocks – but this can be made to any length you like):
- Bonding paper (eg Vliesofix or Heat n Bond etc)
- Assorted print fabrics – each tulip requires 2 different prints/colors
- (8) 6″ x 9″ background fabric
- 1/2 yard coordinating print – backing fabric
- Batting to measure 15″ x 38″ (this project is perfect to piece scrap batting)
- Cotton thread to match the applique fabric
- Cotton thread in a neutral color for the quilting
- Strip of fabric for binding
- Iron, board, sewing machine, general sewing supplies
- ** Optional: fusible stabilizer (parlan) to back the rectangles for applique
Take a look at this Nine Patch Rows FREE Quilt, too!