This stole pattern is made by Amy at Friends stitched together. Here's what Amy has to say about her project:
Every month, my son’s school has a dress-up day and for December the theme was “Narnia”. My nieces go to the school as well, so I ended up making costumes for the Green Witch, Susan, Peter, the White Witch, and Aslan (you can see them all here). I made a fur stole for the White Witch costume and have a pattern to share with you, as well as some tips for working with faux fur. My niece is six, but this would work for a younger girl by shortening the scarf pieces and for an older girl by lengthening and widening them.
You will need:
- The pattern: Stole Pattern
- 1/2 yard of faux fur (you will only use half, but you need the length) or another appropriate fabric such as minky or velvet
- 1/2 yard lining fabric
- 3″ of cord/ribbon/elastic
- 1 button
- Comb or seam ripper
- Scissors – both your regular fabric scissors and a small, sharp pair
- Sharpie (black or silver – this is discussed further down)
- Seam allowance is 1/2″
Find more details on the stole pattern and working with faux fur tips here.