Here's another Free tutorial on how to make an Elastic Waist Boho Short Skirt. The 18” skirt is designed to be short and sassy with the bottom hem floating about 2” from the knee. All our cuts and hemming measurements below are figured at this finished length, but of course you could go shorter or longer with your panel height.
Sewing Tools You Need:
- Sewing Machine and standard presser foot
- Quarter Inch Seam foot; optional
Fabric and Other Supplies:
- ONE 2 yard package of Dritz® 2” Woven Jacquard Elastic
- TWO Dritz® Tassel Caps
- 2 – 2¼ yards of 44″+ wide double gauze or similar;
NOTE: If your fabric is random enough to allow you to cut your skirt panels on the horizontal, you can get away with 2 yards. If you need to cut the panels vertically due to a specific directional motif, get 2¼ yards. And as mentioned, adjust your yardage for larger sizes as described above.
- ONE small skein of standard weight yarn in a coordinating color for the belt
- All-purpose thread to match fabric and elastic
- See-through ruler
- Fabric pen or pencil
- Seam gauge
- Seam ripper
- Scissors or rotary cutter and mat
- Iron and ironing board
- Clips to hold the yarn while braiding
- Craft glue to hold the tassel in the tassel cap
- Large-eye yarn needle
- Seam sealant
- Small piece of cardboard for the tassel wrapping template
You might want to check this Boho Kimono Dress FREE Tutorial.