Love Koi Plushies FREE Sewing Pattern
This project was both inspired by the Japanese pun where ‘koi' means both ‘carp' and ‘love' and the beautiful yin-yang moon-spirit carp from Avatar: The Last Airbender. Together the carp nestle into a yin-yang pattern, and their matching markings form a heart shape. A wonderful gift for someone you love.
What you'll need:
- 18″ x 18″ piece or 1/2 yd of minky or fleece in first main color (white used here)
- 18″ x 18″ piece or 1/2 yd of minky or fleece in second main color (red used here)
- 1/4yd of minky or fleece in accent color (pink used here)
- 3″ x 3″ piece of black applique fabric (felt, flannel, cotton, etc.)
- 3″ x 3″ piece of light or heavy-duty fusible web
- Matching sewing thread
- Basic sewing tools (sewing machine, scissors, iron, needles, pins, fabric marker, seam ripper)
You might want to check this DIY Fleece Unicorn FREE Sewing Pattern.