Here's a pattern for a running belt with pockets and an elasticized adjustable strap so you can tailor it to any waist size. This pouch could also be called a money belt, travel belt or sports belt. Place the pouch on your front or back and cover it with a T-shirt and no one will know it is there. There is enough room for a big phone, money, keys and even coins. Keep your valuables safe while at the gym, jogging or traveling.
- 1/4″ yard oilcloth, canvas, twill, acetate (umbrella fabric) or quilting cotton
- 2 x nylon zipper 14″ long
- 2 x nylon zipper 6″ long
- Decorative elastic or black elastic 1″ wide (amount depends on your waist; add 6″) Mine is 29″ + 6″ = 35″ length of elastic
- Plastic buckle (One set) 1″ wide (most match the elastic)
- 1 x plastic slider 1″ wide (most match the buckle set)
- A yard of 1″ wide bias tape
- Sewing machine
- Zipper foot
- Fabric pencil or Frixion pen
Have a look at this video tutorial on how to make a ‘Leather' Kraft Tex Wallet.