Teddy Bear Jacket FREE Sewing Pattern
This is the trendy teddy bear jacket pattern. I thought it would be great to end the year with fashionable comfort wear which is perfect for cold weather and fun family nights.
The jacket has two pockets included with the pattern (although I did not add them to mine). The pockets are large enough for a big phone. This jacket has snaps on the front but you can add buttons to it if you want.
There is an added hood to keep the head protected from the wind. This project is for confident beginners who are familiar with basic garment construction such as facing, snap direction and sewing techniques like topstitching.
- 1 3/4 yards of teddy bear fabric or any self-lined pile fabric
- 8 metal snaps
- 2 grommets
- thread to match
- 1 yard of cord for the hood
- a piece of knitted fusible interfacing the length/width of your facing.
- Kam tool
- Jersey needle or universal needle size 80
- Overlocker ideal but not essential
You might want to check this Easy Sweater Pattern for Non-Knitters.